Although the global glass fiber market declined in 2009, the market made a strong recovery in 2010 from the global economic recession. According to Lucintel’s analysis, the market is expected to gain momentum and reach an estimated $11.2 billion in 2017 with a CAGR of 6.9% over the next five years (2012-2017).
Lucintel, a leading global management consulting and market research firm, has analyzed the global glass fiber industry and offers its findings in a comprehensive research report titled “Global Glass Fiber Market 2012-2017: Trend, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis.”
Lucintel’s analysis finds that the glass fiber market is undergoing a regional shift in demand, and this new dimension is likely to provide growth opportunities to the regional players. Asia became the leader in terms of total glass fiber shipments, surpassing North America in 2007 in consumption volume (million pounds) mainly due to the acceptance of composite materials in various application areas and the double-digit growth of industrial production in China and India. In 2009, all regions depicted a decline in growth, but the decline was steeper in North America and Europe.
As the study indicates, price movement of inputs and energy costs are challenges for the industry players to bridge the price-performance gap. Global supply and demand discrepancies due to the emergence of low-cost Chinese suppliers are also a challenge. The weight reduction capabilities inherent in glass fiber, however, along with superior performance characteristics to replace traditional materials at relatively low cost are likely to boost the market. Growing demand in application areas such as construction, electrical and electronics, pipe and tank, wind energy, and transportation augurs well for the industry players.
Lucintel’s research report contains an overview of the global glass fiber industry, glass fiber market analysis, glass fiber market trends (2006-2011) and forecast (2012-2017), growth areas, new materials development in the glass fiber industry, and more. This insightful report can help in making confident business decisions in this globally competitive marketplace.
This unique report from Lucintel will provide you with valuable information, insights, and tools needed to identify new growth opportunities and operate your business successfully in this market. This report will save hundreds of hours of your own personal research time and will significantly benefit you in expanding your business in this market. In today’s stringent economy, you need every advantage that you can find.
To make business, investment, and strategic decisions, you need timely, useful information. This market report fulfills this core need and is an indispensable reference guide for multinational materials suppliers, product manufacturers, investors, executives, distributors, and many more that operate in this market.
Some of the features of “Global Glass Fiber Market 2012-2017: Trends Forecasts and Opportunity Analysis” include:
• The market size and growth rates of the global glass fiber industry
• Current market breakdown by type of product forms such as single end roving, multi-end roving, chopped strands, fabrics, mats, etc.
• Market outlook and global trends in automotive, pipe and tank, wind energy marine, construction, and other market-segments Requirements and challenges of various market segments.
• Glass fiber market size by segment, by region in term of value and volume
• Trend (2006-2011) and forecast (2012-2017) of global glass fiber market by region by applications in term of value and volume.
• Major drivers and challenges of global glass fiber market
• Porter’s Five Forces Analysis for global glass fiber market
• Growth opportunities and emerging trend for global glass fiber market
• More than 145 figures/charts and 19 tables are provided in this roughly 185-page report
To read report in detail : Global Glass Fiber Market 2012-2017: Trend, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis